Heat Pump Repair in Portland & Gresham, Oregon
Top-Notch Repair by Factory Trained and Certified Technicians
At Century Heating & A/C Inc., we offer top-notch heat pump repair services ranging from a simple inspection to a full heat pump repair on a broken unit. Maintaining your heat pump ensures smooth operation and a warm, comfortable home in the cold Portland, Oregon winters.
Our NATE certified technicians repair and replace all makes and models of heat pumps on a daily basis. Each one of our heat pump technicians has years of experience and is equipped with the tools and training to complete your heat pump repair right the first time. Century Heating & A/C Inc. has been serving the Portland and Gresham areas for over 40 years, we always focus on getting the job done right, on time, and putting your best interests first.
We can repair any: ductless, unitary, or split system heat pump you may have.
Heat Pump Repair or Replacement?
A well-maintained heat pump can provide 14-20 years of reliable comfort. If your heat pump is over 10 years old and requires frequent repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it. As a general rule of thumb we look at age and replacement cost to determine the best solution for your heat pump replacement. A new heat pump comes with all the recent advancements in technology and high efficiency. That means less maintenance, increased indoor comfort, and a lower utility bill.
Contact the experts at Century Heating & A/C Inc. if you are considering a new heat pump installation. We would be happy to help you understand what condition your current pump is in and if it would be in your best interest to replace your current unit.
Please call us at 503-665-6707 to get a free estimate for heat pump repair services.
Heat Pump Repair in Portland & Gresham, Oregon
If you are looking for repair, replacement, or professional recommendations, Century Heating & A/C Inc is the one-stop heating and air conditioning contractor for Portland & Gresham, Oregon. We maintain a very high satisfaction rating and won’t stop until you are satisfied.
Common Signs your Portland Heat Pump Needs Repairs
There are some telltale signs that your heat pump needs repairs or is nearing the end of its useful life. If you notice any of these things happening with your heat pump in Portland, please give us a call immediately to prevent further damage to your heat pump.
- Unit blowing hot or cold air regardless of settings
- A very common problem is that a heat pump just won’t heat or cool your home. If your unit completely stops blowing warm or cold air regardless of the thermostat setting, it could mean a couple of things. Refrigerant levels could be low, the compressor could be damaged, there could be internal or external obstructions preventing the unit from working. All of these are serious problems, we recommend you call us immediately at 503-665-6707 to inspect your unit and repair any issues before more damage is done.
- Little to no airflow
- When your unit is running there should be a lot of air coming out of your vents. If there is little to no airflow at the vents, it could mean your compressor is on its way out. It could also just be a clogged filter.
- Abnormal noises or smells
- A well-maintained unit should be very quiet, if not silent. If there are any repetitive noises, banging, squealing/squeaking, grinding, etc. Any noises of this nature could mean a new unit or heat pump repair is necessary. The same goes for abnormal smells. Your unit should not be emitting any smells or smoke. If anything of this nature is happening with your unit, please call us at 503-665-6707 immediately to prevent further damage.
- Your unit is constantly turning on and off.
- It is normal for your unit to turn on and off. If you notice it having difficulty turning on or shutting off more frequently than normal, it’s possible your unit is malfunctioning. It could also be because of installation issues or ductwork. Frequently turning on and off can cause a catastrophic failure if not repaired quickly. Give us a call at 503-665-6707 and we will send one of our heat pump technicians out to inspect your unit. It could be a blown fuse, or it may be time for a new unit.
- Energy bills are increasing
- Your unit could be functioning normally but spiking your utility bills. As your unit ages, it starts to lose its efficiency and will require more power to maintain the temperature in your home. There could be some clogged or dirty components on your heat pump that are causing this, or it could be time for a new one.
- Your unit requires repairs frequently.
- If your unit is over 10 years old and is being frequently repaired, it may be time for a new unit. Occasional service is normal.As a general rule of thumb we look at age and replacement cost to determine the best solution for your heat pump replacement.
Why Call Century Heating & A/C Inc.? We’re the Heat Pump Repair Experts
Your heat pump is a fantastic piece of technology that keeps you comfortable in your home. When you are having heat pump issues, you need someone with the certifications, licenses, and experience to fix your unit right the first time. We have been serving the Portland & Gresham, Oregon area for over 40 years. Our friendly and knowledgeable heat pump technicians will address all the issues with your heat pump and get your repair done right the first time. Call us at 503-665-6707 for a free estimate.